
I have only been in Rome for a week, but already I can tell there is so much I wont get to do and see in this short period of time. Rome is so big! I am living in an apartment with 3 other girls, in 2 double rooms, a cute kitchen, and a large living room. Everyone in the program are spread out all around the city but most are in the same area. We are one of the furthest apartments from everything else, (a 45min. walk to school one way).
But on that note, we are also only about 4 blocks north of the Vatican!!!! We walk past the Vatican and St. Peters every morning on the way to school… its not everyday I can say that. We started classes last Monday, and in my Italian language class, there are 3 girls from Sweden, 2 from Germany, and 3 from my program. Its pretty fun having other people from around the world learning the same language as us.
Some girls and I have explored a little and seen some of the most amazing sites in Rome. The Pantheon, an architectural masterpiece, with the tomb of Raphael inside, the Colosseum, and the Trevi Fountain, where legend has it you are supposed to throw in 3 coins: 1 coin) You will return to Rome. 2 coin) You will fall in love in Italy 3 coin), you will marry the person you fall in love with....... we'll see. :)
I’m still learning the public transportation and metro system here, but for the time being I’m doing A LOT of walking. For my High Renaissance Art History class, the city is my classroom!
Every day for class we meet at a different spot in the city for lecture, and just last Thursday we met at the Coliseum! I didn’t get to explore at all this weekend, as I was sick in bed for 3 days straight, but I hope to see a lot more with this week to come! This coming weekend we are going on an excursion to Naples, Pompeii, and Capri! The weather has been in the 80’s and beautiful since the beginning of September. Its going to start getting much cooler and rainier soon, so I will take advantage.

No comments:
Post a Comment