Thursday, October 11, 2007

October 11, 2007

So.... tomorrow on Friday, I am going with my High Renaissance art class to Orvieto to visit "Heaven and Hell" in words and images... such as Dante and others. Then on Saturday from friend Crissy and I are spending the day and night in Perugia for the famous European Chocolate Festival!!! It is supposed to be amazing! Maybe I can bring home some samples for you all! I can't believe I am almost half way done with this experience. I have been here for 45 days, and I have 66 left in Rome. Crazy huh?

There are a few things here though that I will NEVER miss. One being every time you cross the street you have to RUN FOR YOUR LIFE whether or not its a green light or not. Another, is having to guard my bag and purse with my life no matter where I am.. the metro, the bus, a restaurant... there are gypsy kids everywhere that are very quick with their hands, and if you're not careful you would never know what you had missing. Also... Ive come to accept that Italians are actually quite rude and VERY impatient! ...the women at least.

I must go back to class... until next time!

No comments: