

In the last few weeks I have been very busy with school and midterms and in my freetime frolicking around Rome. :) On Sunday night, a bunch of us went out to go to the ROMA soccer game, and when we got to the stadium there was a riot outside with guys throwing glass, holding metal crobars and sticks, blocking off roads with dividers and throwing bottles at police cars. The game in return was canceled in respect for the fan who got shot in the riot the previous night in Milan. "ITS JUST A GAME" I dont get it..... but thats Italy. We were unfortunately too close to the rioters and a person I was with was taking pictures of the guys doing these things and a few of them god mad and starting chasing after us with the metal rods and sticks and kicked me and another guy in the back as we ran and jumped on the bus.... I dont think Ill be going to any more Roma games here!
As of tomorrow... I will officially only have 1 month here left. I cant believe it!! I remember being back in Florence in September and thinking how long I was going to be here, and now I cant believe I have to go home so soon. :( I really have fallen in love with this city. I love it here! I watched Gladiator the other night, and then the next day I went to the Colosseum. Its so surreal! I am so lucky to be able to see these things everyday. Im excited to come home and see everyone, but at the same time, I know Im going to be extremely sad leaving the Eternal City.
Yesterday In my Art History class we got to go inside the "Castel Sant' Angelo".... the 2,000 year old castle that was used as Emporer Hadrians tomb, a papal fortress for many Popes, and a prison as well. It was so neat! at the top was one of the best views of the city I have ever seen. In case you have read Angels & Demons, it is the "Illumanti Lair", and there is "passato" a secret passage way through the ancient Roman walls that leads directly to the Vatican.
I have to go finish my research paper now... on Michelangelo's "Sistine Chapel Ceiling" the story of Genesis. Wish my luck! I miss you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment